sexta-feira, julho 10, 2009

[Review] Rolling Stone - "Obsessed"
.
Mariah Carey Fires Back at Eminem in New Single "Obsessed" - Rolling Stone
.
"Obsessed," the first single from Mariah Carey's upcoming album Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, debuted on Chicago's B96 radio today, and - surprise - it seems like the song is targeting Eminem, who recently started a beef with Carey and her husband Nick Cannon with the Relapse song "Bagpipes From Baghdad. "I was like, why are you so obsessed with me?" Carey asks before the song even begins.

In "Bagpipes," Eminem rapped, "Mariah, what ever happened to us, why did we have to break up… Nick Cannon better back the f**k up. I'm not playing, I want her back, you punk." Mariah's response? "You're delusional, boy, you're losing your mind," Carey sings over choppy synths, with a dash of Auto-Tune dabbed on her voice. "It must be weed, it must be the E… Why are you so obsessed with me? Lying that you're sexing me." Carey adds some more barbs, like "Telling the world how much you miss me, but we never were so why you trippin' " and provoking the rapper with "You're a mom & pop, I'm a corporation. I'm a press conference, you're a conversation." The biting mid-tempo track is already more musically and lyrically engrossing than E=MC2's singles. 19:44 (5 horas atrás) Ana
In case you missed the radio debut, the diva's own official Website promises to post the song at 4 p.m. ET today. The news comes straight from Carey's updated Twitter, which not only revealed the "Obsessed" single cover art, which features a drenched Mariah, but also announced that Memoirs will hit stores on August 25th. As for the "Obsessed" video, Rush Hour's Brett Ratner will once again direct Carey, having already made the "We Belong Together" and "Touch My Body" clips. The video is expected out soon.

"Obsessed" was produced by the duo of The-Dream and Tricky Stewart, who also produced the majority of Memoir according to Carey's official site. "Seriously, this is one of my favorite songs ever. I love the whole album. I'm completely immersed in it. I can't wait for you to hear it," Carey previously wrote on her Twitter about "Obsessed," adding that the song already has a remix all ready to go.

Fonte: Rolling Stone / FOMM

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Comente com a sua senha do orkut e também não deixe de nos seguir e de seguir nossos parceiros. ;-)